Owing to shortage of space in metropolitan cities, the concept of multi-storeyed apartments and housing complexes have gained a lot of importance in the past few decades. However, before purchasing an apartment or flat in one of these modern habitats, it s very essential to consider some basic Vastu guidelines so as to ensure a smooth sailing through life. There are certain rules pertaining to the construction and direction of the flat or apartment which needs to be ruled out before purchasing one. Even for already constructed flats or apartments, Vastu offers certain features which need to be checked out.
Vastu deals with every aspect of interior space. This includes the placement of mirror as well. There are certain permissible directions where the mirror should be placed within a flat or apartment in order to avoid mishap in the relationships and behaviour of the residents amongst themselves. It is very important to ensure placement of mirror according to Vastu norms in order to reap positive benefits in the future. Here are some Vastu shastra tips for apartments and flats in relation to placement and positioning of the mirror or glass and also some general tips for entrance.
• The flat chosen foe living should have an entrance in the north, east or north-west. The main door should be avoided in the south, south-east or south-west.
• There should not be any cuts in the north-east or south-east direction of the flat or apartment that you intend to purchase.
• The west, north or north-west should have the way out for the drainage pipes.
• The east or the north should have the slope in the balcony
• The north-east portion of the house should be light, clean and open as this area is supposed to have the meditation room or temple.
• The south-east should have the kitchen.
• The overhead tanks should be constructed in the south west while the underground water tank should be in the north-east.
• A mirror should never be placed in front of an entrance door as this tends to reflect away all the positive energies which enter the house.
• It is best to use square and rectangular shaped mirrors.
• Mirrors should always be placed at least 4 to 5 feet above the floor.
• It is auspicious to keep a large mirror with a dressing table by the bed side in the bedroom.
• It is even good to place a mirror reflecting the dining table which symbolizes doubling of food and hence attracts wealth.
• If a mirror is positioned in front of the cash locker it is believed to double it and attract more and more wealth.
Mirrors in homes and workplace, if positioned correctly, attract wealth, bring in positive energies and even suck up negative vibrations from within the environment. Hence, it is very important to follow the right Vastu shastra tips for apartments and flats, and this includes placement of mirrors and glasses too.
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.