To get your vaastu absolutely right, you have to understand the implications of the east and the west.
East is the direction of sunrise. The sun purifies, cleanses and energizes the entire universe. That’s why, the east stands for prosperity and fulfillment.
- Always keep the east open, ventilate, light and clean. Openings in the east bring in a lot of solar energy, which has therapeutic properties.
- To reap the benefits of solar energy, let there be maximum openings along the east wall of your household.
- Do not construct washrooms or shoe rooms in the east, as these contaminate the incoming solar energy.
- The east side is best suited for positioning puja rooms, study rooms and conference rooms.
- Use light pastel shades in leaf green and cream on the eastern walls.
- Try to face east while working or watching television.
West side story
West is the direction in which the sun sets. Owned by Lord Varun and ruled by Saturn, the west is more powerful at night and gets activated after sunset.
- Use dark shades such as violet and gray on the western walls to suit the dark nature of this direction.
- Ideally, locate bedrooms, leisure rooms, rest rooms, family sit outs and washrooms in the west of your property.
- Constructing a kitchen in the west is neither prosperous nor pious. Read more about vaastu for kitchen.
- The west is ideal for positioning overhead water tanks as lord Varun, the owner of this direction, symbolizes water.
- Underground water tanks, borings and swimming pools are not considered auspicious. If located in the west.
- Do not make any water storage tanks in the western section of your plot.
- Western walls should be strong to bar subtle energies from flowing out. The stronger the walls in the west, the happier you will be west, the happier you will be.
- The west should always be heavier than the east. Plant big trees on the western periphery or make a large mural on the western wall. You can also make it heavy by keeping solid furniture along the western wall.
- While selecting a plot, make sure that there are no gardens or open spaces facing the west.
- The main gate of your house should never be in west or even the southwest, for that they bring ill luck to you and your family.
- Do not hang mirrors on the western wall. Hang family pictures instead to receive god energies instead.
- Extensions in the west are not good they create delays in your life.
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.