The bedroom represents a sanctuary, a place to take refuge from the stressful outside world. In fact, on an average, a person spends almost one-third of his/her life in the bedroom. Therefore, keeping the considerable importance of this room in mind, it is essential that its location, the location of furniture within it and other relevant factors are arranged in a manner that is conducive to creating a positive and favorable environment as per Vastu Shastra.
Bedroom is a place to unwind, relax and restore oneself. As a Vastu expert, I suggest the direction in which you sleep affects your work ability and private life. If your bedroom is not in the correct direction, then you can suffer from various disorders like disturbed sleep, restlessness, and frequent fights with your spouse and so on. In other words, there would be no peace in your life.
Seven Top vastu shastra tips for the bedroom are as follows:
1. The south-west direction of the plot is the best possible direction for a bedroom. This is a very restful and powerful area, and the main earning member of the house should occupy this bedroom.
2. Newly-married couples should not be given the south-west bedroom as this would lead to friction between the new bride with her in-laws. They should alternatively be given the north-west corner bedroom.
3. Pregnant women should not be allowed to stay in a room situated in the north-east corner of the house as this would lead to increased chances of miscarriage.
4. Unmarried girls of the house should be given the north-west section bedroom as this area belongs to the air element which is unstable by nature. This would let their marriages to occur soon. Bedrooms in this direction should not be given to couples or else they would suffer from various health problems like asthma, breathing disorders and so on.
5. Couples should not occupy the south-east direction bedroom as this direction is the ideal place for fire and other related gadgets, or else it would lead to diseases like high blood pressure and chronic irritability resulting in clashes in their marital relations.
6. The position of the bed in the bedroom plays a very important role as well. Make sure that there is a solid wall behind the bed. This position of the bed usually leads to instability in the occupant’s life. The bed should also not point towards the wall of the bathroom. Even a bed that adjoins the bathroom wall receives negative energy from that direction which could result in health problems for its occupants.
7. Always remember to point your head towards the south while sleeping. This will help you sleep soundly. People who sleep with their head pointed towards the north usually experience restlessness and troubled sleep through the night, as they are lying down against the direction of the electromagnetic waves travelling from the north. This then results in headaches and body aches when they wake up the next morning.