While setting up your office, or designing an office, it is important to keep in mind some Vastu Shastra necessities in addition to concepts pertaining to interior designing. Being a Vastu expert, I advice the following 8 best Vastu Shastra tips for the office:
1. Doors in commercial establishments and offices should be well painted. Any irritating noises while opening and closing doors disturb positive energies. Doors that open and close automatically are also not good. Moreover, dustbins should never be kept to the doors and they must be concealed at all times.
2. Make sure that when a visitor enters the premises, he does not face a door. A main door facing another door causes energy to flow out. To conserve good energy, locate doors in a zigzag pattern, this also enables energy to reach all corners. Moreover, display beautiful flowers and images.
3. Do not install mirrors or mirror-like objects in front if the main door as they tend to repel positive energy.
4. The reception counter should be in the North, never in the south, south-east or south-west. It should not be very high or have a business logo. The counter-top should not feature reflective glass. A water body in the reception area is very auspicious; however, the water flow should not be towards the main door as this signifies that wealth is going out of the premises.
5. The office reception should reflect the nature of the organization and its power. The company profile or logo should be placed on the southern wall and the reception table should face the door at a diagonal angle. Decorate the reception with flowers to attract positive energies into the office and offer sweets to visitors in order to create good relationships with the outside world.
6. The northern wall should be lighter as compared to the southern walls. All closets and storages should be made on the southern walls. Magnetic energy flows from the south to the north. If the north is burdened, the flow gets affected but if the south is burdened, the energy stays within the premises. The northern walls should be painted in light pastels and have maximum windows and openings.
7. General office files should be stored on the western wall. Sensitive files related to legal issues and taxation matters should be stored in the north-eastern corner. Papers and files related to banking matters should be stored in the south-western corner. Apply kesar or kumkumtilak on banking and account books.
8. The marketing staff should occupy the north-west. As this area is related to the air element, salespeople will be motivated to move out of the office and into the field