We all want peace and prosperity in life. For this it is important to have a balance in every aspect of your life which includes the physical, spiritual and the material world. Many a times, a disharmony is created in the environment which leads to generation of negative vibrations within the surrounding and hence makes life difficult for the inmates of the structure. However, as a Vastu expert, I suggest balancing all the worlds in a manner so that it adheres to complete Vastu Shastra principles.
Here are 7 best Vastu tips pertaining to the physical world which can make life better and worth living:
1. Body Postures- Some people have a tendency to sit crossed legs or cross their arms across their chest. Both these positions are unreceptive in nature and not welcoming. People using these postures frequently are usually stubborn and poor recipients of the good things in life. Adopting an open posture with legs and arms is preferable and more beneficial. A straight posture helps in the free flow of energy from the base of the spine to the rest of the body.
2. Health- I believe if you are not healthy, you cannot work hard and flourish. Do not position a bathroom in the north-east of your home- it leads to chronic diseases. If a couple uses a bathroom in the north-east, they have problems in pregnancy, leading to abnormal children. Never place your head towards the north when sleeping- the North Pole’s magnetic energy will disturb your sleep. Toilets, underground water tanks and swimming pools in the south-west also jeopardize health. A bedroom in the south-east may lead to high blood pressure and irritability. The east side of the plot, where the sun rises, is sensitive. Never block it, or you may experience eye-related problems, strokes, paralysis and severe headaches or migraines.
3. Fire- fire is one of the fire sacred elements and should never be touched by one’s feet. This includes items such as matchsticks and cigarettes, which are connected to fire and hence should not be snuffed out with one’s feet. Neither should you use your feet to push open doors. Rubbing your feet against each other also brings bad luck and try not to sleep with your legs crossed. Goddess Lakshmi blesses people who keep their feet clean and odor-free.
4. Good Life Partner- The right partner makes your life journey simpler by cushioning you from all the jolts involved. To find the right partner, apply the law of equality. Wherever there is darkness, balance it out with light; wherever there is dullness, provide sharpness. Strike balance between male and female energies, between receiving and giving. Combine colors and sounds well.
5. Restless Movements- unnecessary and fidgety movements of hands and feet are considered inauspicious. For instance, tapping or drumming on tables or on parts of your body in idle fun or as a pastime should be avoided.
6. Daily Bath- one should bathe on a daily basis. This keeps negative energies at bay. Bathing with sea salt also gives a tremendous boost to the flow of positive energies.
7. Studying- While studying, make sure that there is a solid wall behind you. The presence of a window or any opening facing your back does not provide any energy support and results in lack of concentration. Also, make sure that your study area is free of clutter such as old mails, notes, non-working pens, junk stationery items etc.