Shankha or the conch shells hold great significance in both Buddhism and Hinduism. It has been devoted and dedicated to Lord Vishnu in Hinduism and is also considered to be the bestower of prosperity and fame. There are two categories of Shankha one which can be blown to produce sound while another is kept in the temple simply for worshipping. It is believed that a house in which the Shankha is blown every day, it keeps the occupants of that house away from heart disease.
Different kinds of Shankha are:
The importance fo Shankha in Indian mythology:
• The conch shell or the shankha is a representative of the number one hundred zillion.
• The nine treasures held by Kuber, the God of wealth, has been named as the shankh in Indian mythology
• Shankhanidhi is also the name of an attendant of Lord Kuber who holds a shankhs in his hands and is seated relaxed as a corpulent dwarf.
• Even Lord Vishnu holds the conch shell in one of his hands and is considered to be one of his weapons other than the Discus (chakra), the mace (Gadaa) and the Lotus (Padma). The name of the shankha which Lord Vishnu holds is called Panch-janya shankha.
Significance of the conch shells as per the scriptures:
As per our Hindus Puranas and the Upanishads, the conch shells originated during the time of the churning of the ocean by Lord Vishnu and the other deities. It was held in the form of a weapon by Lord Vishnu. It is also believed that the base of the shankha has the sun, moon and Varun stationed there as per the orders of Lord Vishnu. Its surface has Lord Prajapati and its front portion has all the pilgrimage places of the Hindus like the holy rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati. Yet another uniqueness of the shankha is that its vibrations, emitted when blown, destroy the diseases present in the atmosphere which are responsible for causing germs. It is because of this that shankha holds freat importance in Auyurveda and medicine a swell.
• Two shankhas should never be kept in a single temple room for worshipping
• The Shiva pindi should never be touched with a shankha during a puja ritual.
• Lord Shiva and the Sun god should never be bathed using a shankha
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.
The people who can not call Dr. Puneet Chawla at there site can meet him at his designated offices. Meeting with him is possible in every city at a specified place....Read More
Happy to see you here!