Windows not only bring in fresh air and sunlight but are also a gateway for positive energy within any given structure. Vastu even lays down guidelines for the location of windows within the house so that it allows only positive vibrations to enter the house and radiates back any negativity which might try to find its way through the windows into the premises.
According to Vastu guidelines, windows which are big in size should be placed in the north and the east directions. This helps good Prana Shakti to enter in to the structure. North is also the direction for prosperity as per Indian Vastu science while East stands responsible for bringing in progress and good health for the inmates of a property. Hence, check the location of every door and window opening and rectify them if needed in order to ensure overall health, wealth and prosperity for yourself and your family members.
Some dos and don’ts in relation to windows as per Vastu Shastra:
• Windows should not be installed in the Nairuthi (south-west) portion of the house as this brings in ill health and affects the inmates drastically.
• Windows should be in the north-east as this ensures happiness, prosperity, luck, development, strength and peace of mind.
• East facing windows help in getting name and fame in life
• Windows in the north bring in money flow, prosperity and happiness.
• East, north and north east directions should have very large windows
• The southeast and northwest corners should have medium sized windows.
• The west and south directions should have small windows
• There should be smallest windows in the southwest facing rooms
• Keep note never to make windows in the southwest corner of the south west room at any cost
• A house can have any number of windows; Vastu does not lay down any barricade to the number and quantity of windows which can be made within any given structure.
• Always consult professional Vastu personnel for advice before jumping to conclusions on your own if you really wish to enjoy lifelong happiness and contentment.