The North-east corner, also called the Ishanya corner, is a very sacred and pious direction where Lord Shiva resides. This corner has always been attributed special importance and significance as per our ancient texts. Be it selection of the plot, construction of a new house or the exterior and the interior set up of the structure and its rooms, the north-east corner has always been regarded as one of the most energetic and lively directions. Here are some Vastu suggestions for enhancing the benefits of this corner:
• The north-east corner is highly charged with energies at all times; hence the prayer room and the meditation center should be positioned in this direction. Maximum vital live energy from the sun is received by this corner of the house as we all know that the sun rises from the east.
• The confluence of the magnetic and subtle energy pool of the earth is stored in the north east direction making it highly rich with positive vibrations.
• Even the geological and geophysical aspects claim this direction to be highly charged with energies just like the principles and theories of VastuShastra, the only difference is their approach towards it is different and based on geographical norms.
• Vastu Shastra regards the north-east direction as a very auspicious direction and hence this corner in the house or the workplace should be kept spic and span and pure at all times.
• The north-east corner should not have any heavy objects stored here. No broomsticks or sanitary items should be kept here. The toilet and kitchen too should not be positioned in this direction at any cost.
• This direction or corner may be left clean and empty and can even be a part of the living or bedroom if it is not possible to make a devotional room in this corner of the house.
• The inmates would be subjected to various losses, difficulties and tensions in their personal relationships if this area is not kept clean and is filled with dirt and debris.
• Human body is largely affected by the cosmic rays of the sun, moon and other planets which tend to absorb a lot of water. The north east direction can therefore have wells and underground water tanks; it is quite beneficial for the inmates.
• Any construction in this area would obstruct the auspicious rays of this direction; hence this corner should be kept free from any construction of any kind. Also, it is good to have a depression in this corner be it naturally or artificially.