Every city needs to be redeveloped wherein their old and dilapidated properties need to be reconstructed for proper and optimum utilization by the city dwellers. This proves beneficial not only to the residents but also to the developers of these projects. In order to bring about harmony, prosperity and peace to the developers as well as for the residents of such projects, Vastu Shastra can be implemented which would bring about harmony and positive energy for one and all involved.
Some important points to be kept in mind relating to Vastu Shastra for construction and redevelopment of buildings:
1. Date of commencement of construction- The date on which construction work should be commenced plays a very important role in determining harmony na dsuccess of any construction project, hence this should be decided upon with great care and speculation. Vastu believes it is good to commence construction work on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and it should be avoided on Sunday and Tuesday. Also, construction which is started during Shukla paksha is considered auspicious while that started in Krishna paksha is not considered good from Vastu point of view.
2. Clearing and levelling of the land- Before beginning new construction even on redevelopment projects, the land should be cleared off all thorny plants and rocks and it should be levelled especially in the north-east. A proper flow of finance and uninterrupted construction activity is assured if the land is levelled well with certain portion of it left higher than the other areas.
3. Vastu puja (shanku sthapana)- The puja done for laying down the foundation stone which in turn converts energy and removed negative vibration from the plot of land is what we call Vastu puja. It is very important to conduct this puja so as to ensure any harm or obstacle to the construction activity.
4. Starting point of construction- The first foundation stone on the plot should be kept on the south-eastern side. Also, it should be noted that the construction work should never end on the southern portion of the plot or else it would bring in bad luck from all spheres.
5. For construction companies in the business of construction of roads and bridges- The negative location should be chosen and construction should be done towards a positive location or energy point. This will enable the project to be completed faster without any interruptions due to flow of finance.
6. Placement of the builder’s/contractor’s office- A temporary site office is always made by every builder or contractor at the construction site, this office should be at the proper location as per Vastu principles, including the seating arrangement of the contractor. This will enhance the energy level of the people working in that particular project. It is best to place the office in the south or west of the site. The owner should be made to sit facing the east while the rest of the staff should sit facing North.
Remember, following Vastu Shastra for construction and redevelopment of buildings would enable you to complete the construction work with ease, without any hassles and difficulties from any angle.
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.