With the growing culture of high rise apartments and skyscrapers over individual houses, it is almost mandatory to follow Vastu Shastra tips for residential property so that success, peace and prosperity prevail within every home.
Here are some Vastu shastra tips for residential property which can assure tranquillity and harmony in every phase of life.
• A residential property should always be constructed on a square or a rectangular plot without having a slope downwards. Irregular shapes like hexagon or triangle plots are not recommended for residential living by Vastu
• Before beginning construction work on the plot for building a residential property, the open space available on the plot should be examined property. There should not be any ponds in or nearby in the south or west direction. However, a water body like a river, canal, lake or pond in the north or east directions are highly favourable.
• Vastu says that residential properties having their entrance from the north, East or north-west bring happiness for the residents of the house. On the contrary, houses having entrance from the south, west, south-west and south-east bring in bad luck for the residents of the house.
• It is advisable to have an open courtyard in the centre of a residential property
• The north-east direction of the house should have bore wells, pumps and lawns
• The south and west directions should not have balconies and such houses should be avoided as per Vastu rules
• Vastu says it is good to have kitchen in the south-east, north-west and even on the terrace
• Houses and flats painted in red, black or sky blue should be avoided
• One should avoid opting for residential apartments facing the dead end of the road as this brings in bad luck for the residents
• If an apartment is extended towards its north-east direction, it can be acceptable for residing but protrusions in any other direction should be avoided.
• Residential properties having cut in the south-east or the north-east direction should be avoided.
• The worship or meditation room should be sited in the north or east or the north-east corner of the house.
• One should face the east while cooking food in the kitchen.
• South-west direction rooms should be occupied by the head of the family, north-west rooms should be given to the daughters while the sons should occupy the western or the southern direction rooms.
• The dining hall or kitchen should not have a toilet door in front of it.
• There should not be a staircase in the northeast corner as this causes trouble for the occupants of the residence.
• The south and west directions should have heavy construction as per Vastu guidelines
• The total number of doors and windows in the house should sum up to an even number.
• The east and the north direction of the plot should not have tall trees
• One should not face the south direction while worshipping.
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.