Happiness is an illusion in today’s fast moving world, yet with Vastu we can remove dullness and sadness from our everyday lives and be content. Happiness increases by spreading it to others and Vastu is a way of life which guides you how to spread happiness in and around you so as to create positivity and well being for you and the ones associated with you. Following Vastu principles in one’s day to day life can bring about peace, contentment and light of hope in one’s life.
Here are a few Vastu tips which can generate happiness and induce positivity and well being for a better tomorrow.
• Wind chimes bring unlimited happiness- North, northwest and west directions are best suited for placing decorative items within an interior space. Placing a wind chime containing five rods in the north direction attracts new opportunities and opens better doors of career options. Similarly, a wind chime made of seven rods brings about overall gains if placed in the west.
• Dressing table location- Vastu stresses on the correct placement of a dressing table within the bedroom to make relationships healthy and long lasting. The dressing table should always be positioned adjacently to the bedroom. However, one should be careful not to place it on the southern wall of the southwest zone of the bedroom as it would lead to increase in expectations from your spouse which in turn would create unnecessary tensions between the couple. Moreover, it is highly essential to keep the effect of the mirror in mind before fixing the position of the dressing table within the room.
• Statues/Idols/Paintings of Buddha- A statue of Lord Buddha should always be placed in the northeast corner of the house as this is the direction which stands responsible for building up a connection with your inner self. Placing a statue or idol of a spiritually elevated person like Lord Buddha in this direction enables in sending a message to others that you wish to get associated with your higher self. Automatically, your subconscious mind gets synchronized with the space energies making you feel connected. This connectivity in turn gives you clarity of mind, facilitates generation of new innovative ideas and brings about internal happiness.
• Pair of white horses- White is a symbol of peace and well being, Vastu signifies the importance of placing a sculpture of a pair of white horses in the northwest direction of the house in an attempt to support and facilitate financial support, like a bank loan or other related things.
• Pets and plants- Vastu says keeping pets like dogs, fishes, horses etc are a good symbol as they heal our karma and suck up the negative energy present in our surrounding. Similarly it is good to plant trees and nourish them regularly as they spread happiness and positivity. Since trees and animals share our food, they tend to share and waive off our sorrows as well, thereby bringing about umpteen happiness and solace in our lives.