Hinduism believes that our forefathers and ancestors shower blessings on us which makes for a happy and successful life for us. Even Vastu stresses on keeping one’s forefathers happy in order to ensure a peaceful and prosperous life. If a family is inflicted with Pitra-dosh (ancestor’s debt), life becomes full of struggles.
Here are a few symptoms which signify that your ancestors might not be happy with you.
• If there are no male children born in the family to carry on the legacy of the dynasty. Sometimes when this pitra-dosh is very intense, there might not be any children at all in the family.
• If miscarriages and abortions are taking place.
• If there are frequent severe fights among siblings leading to separation of property and other related issues.
• If the children of the family do not intend to get marries or despite incessant efforts a good match is not being found for them.
• If the children born in the families are always deformed or mentally unstable or the ones who are born get addicted to drugs or alcohol.
• If there are too many debts and losses which are not getting cleared despite rigorous struggle.
• If the family only sees scarcity and is always surrounded by bad luck.
Simple ways to get rid of and overcome Pitra-dosh and make them happy:
• A Trapendi shraad should be conducted with all rituals and paraphernalia.
• If Shraadh had not been carried out on the death anniversary of any particular person, it should be completed without further delay.
• One should water a Banyan tree every day.
• During the annual Shradh period of fifteen days, one should offer food and water to his ancestors on all these days.
• On every Amavasya, one should feed Brahmins and even extend help to the poor and the needy.
• Before leaving for work every day, one should seek the blessings of his elders.
• Try to keep a fast on every Amavasya and Purnima.
There are many other remedial ways which can be followed in order to remove Pitra-dosh and seek the blessings of our ancestors. The best is to seek expert advice from a renowned and known Vastu consultant and then act accordingly