Bedroom is a very private area within the house where we relax and unwind after the day’s toil. Hence, it needs to be done up in such a manner that it reflects positive energy to sync in with the mind, body and soul of the individual/couple residing in it. The master bedroom should always be located in the southwest corner of the house. The second best option would be either the south or the west. It should be rectangular (1:2 ratio) or square in shape. Moreover, the head of the family should occupy this room.
Vastu principles which need to be kept in mind pertaining to a bedroom are as follows:
• The master bedroom should have the biggest size, as compared to the other rooms of the house. However, in a duplex or a multi-storied house the south west corner of the top floor should be the location for the master bedroom.
• The bed in the master bedroom should be against the south or the west wall so that while sleeping the person has his head in the south or the west and the legs towards the north or the east respectively. However, it should not be aligned to any of the corners of the room.
• Master bedroom should solely be used by a married couple and not by bachelors or spinsters of the family.
• The bathroom in the master bedroom should not face the bed directly and its doors should be kept shut at all times. The most suitable direction for an attached bathroom is the west or the north
• The direction for sleeping plays a pivotal role in assessing peace and prosperity for its occupants. According to Vastu science, if one sleeps with his legs towards the east, it brings about richness, name and reputation. If legs point to the west, it instills spirituality and mental harmony. If legs point to the north direction while sleeping, it brings about prosperity and opulence.
Remember, bedroom is a very personal space for the couples residing in it and hence correct compliance of it with Vastu would ensure harmony, love and peace amidst them in the long run.