Once you have purchased the plot of your choice, on this very momentous and happy day of your life, Vastu Shastra offers some suggestions that will make your future a pleasant and harmonious one. Whether you will be constructing a house or an office building, use Vastu to make it work to your advantage.
When and where to start construction, ideal directions and days, Vastu defects to avoid, elements to incorporate and things to keep in mind, I hereby present a comprehensive list of do’s and don’ts list, simple to remember, easy to follow. As a Vastu expert, these Vastu tips should be checked out outside your building or structure.
1. Bhoomipujan should be done before starting construction of any new structure. One should worship one’s kuldevta, Lord Ganesha, Lord Kshetrapal, the Vastu Purush and the Dikpatis (the lord of the directions). Make sure that you give the construction laborers good rewards when you start the building process.
2. Auspicious days and directions should be seen for starting the construction work. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are auspicious days to start construction. Digging should be started from the north-eastern direction and the structure should be built from the southern to western directions. The construction should not end in the south.
3. While building your house or any other structure, if you find that it is not properly planned, you always make some changes. For example, if any part of the construction is not made according to your requirement, you break it and change it. However, please note that the main door of the house or structure should not be altered while construction is going on.
4. Always leave some open space on all four sides of the structure as well as earthen, non-concrete space too should be left. Ensure that sunlight reaches each and every room of the structure. A common wall shared by adjacent plot owners is not good as per Vastu Shastra. Sharing walls means sharing luck, so avoid it. Try making a new. Individual boundary wall for yourself.
5. Keep the structure to a regular shape- rectangular or square. The corners of the building should not be cut.
6. Do not use old bricks, old iron parts or old wood to make a new house. All these things store past energies.
7. Avoid positioning water sources in the south even for construction purposes. Water body in the south may lead to disastrous impact on the owners
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.