Anything out of proportion in size brings about adverse situations and circumstances according to Vastu. Hence, it is very important to take care about the shapes and sizes of the structure, rooms and interior spaces where we reside and work so as to get positive results in life.
Some important points relating to shapes and sizes:
• The best shapes for plots are perfect squares and rectangles. They, however, should be facing as a square on the four cardinal directions.
• A plot is considered auspicious if it is narrow at the entrance and wide at the back side.
• Avoid choosing an oval, round or triangular plot.
• Even a diamond shaped plot is not considered good.
• A rectangular plot should run north to south and not west to east.
Different shapes of plots and their significances:
1. Square- (all corners angled 90 degrees) - Such a plot brings everything, health, wealth and happiness, for the residents.
2. Rectangle- This brings about overall prosperity for the people living within it
3. Circle- A circular plot is very auspicious only if a circular building is constructed on it.
4. Wheel shaped- Brings about financial losses and poverty for the owner.
5. Irregular shape- Brings about all kinds of problems
6. Triangular shape- Government related problems creep up and restricts progress
7. Bhadarshan shaped- Such a plot is not good for residing, but can be used for government buildings.
8. Cart Shaped- A cart shaped plot would lead to poverty and the owner would have to run around here and there like a cart.
9. Long-bar shaped- Such a plot cannot be utilized for cattle rearing or as a cattle shed as they would die. Hence such a plot should be avoided for agricultural purposes.
10. Damru shaped- The Damru-shape plot spoils the eye sight of the inmates living on that plot. Also, they would be very dicey in their discretion and judgment.
11. Visham Bahu (disproportionate shouldered) - Such a plot poses adverse effect on the health of the inmates, court litigations become inevitable and brings about poverty for them.
12. Dholak or Drum shaped- Such a plot would lead to the loss of the women folk of the family. Female members of the family have health issues.
13. Pig-faced shape of plot- Such a plot leads to the death of brothers and relatives within the family.
14. Window-shaped plot- Such a plot puts mental stress on the inmates and puts their mental peace at stake.
15. Muslakar plot (long oval-like plot with cut in one side) - This brings about enmity and converts closest of friends into enemies.