You’ll get access to
Orders, Wishlist, Repeat Order, Manage Address, Store Payment Method
Mental stress is part of every individual’s life in today’s cut-throat competitive world. Ayurveda, the science of medicine, claims to increase the brain capacity, keeping mental diseases at bay and even curing them desirably. Most of the diseases have their root in the brain and it is due to this that the number of psychological and neurological cases is increasing these days.
- It is said, in Ayurvedic science, that when the three body humors, air, fire and phlegm or the Vata, Pitta and Kaphadoshas, when disturbed, tends to show its effects in somatic as well as psychic spheres. These imbalances disturb the body and the mind as they tend to impact the two mental states of the brain viz Rajas (ascribed to desire) and Tamas (ascribed to repulsion). When these mental states get disturbed due to crossing of the limits set by social norms, they result in exciting the basic humors of the body thereby degeneration of the brain power and invoking the birth of mental diseases.
Ayurvedic herbs which work as brain tonics -:
1. Shankhpushpi- Shankhapushpi, Convolvulus pluricaulis, is one the best herbs for dealing with brain weakness. It has been used since ancient times to sharpen intellect, increase mental powers, cool, calm and subside the action of the brain. It is considered to be a brain tonic, Medhya Rasyana, and even acts as a rejuvenator. One should take one teaspoon of this herb twice daily with a cup of milk. It is capable of curing maladies like insomnia, anxiety, loss of memory, nervosa and lethargy.
2. Brahmi- Ayurvedic name Centellaasiatica, Brahmi is another very powerful brain tonic which can be taken in paste or powder form with milk. One can even extract its juice from fresh herbs and take it once or twice daily in a dose of 20 ml approximately. It is a boon for students as it sharpens intellect and even helps in undoing stress and strain, although every age group can have it. Aggravated Pitta or fire in the system can be rectified by taking Brahmi along with powdered herbs of Shatavari (Asparagus) and Ashwagadha (winter cherry).
3. Jatamansi- The brain gets toned and stabilized with this herb of Jatamansi (Nordostachysjatamansi). This herb acts as an excellent restorative as it helps to calm down all the three humors of the human body. It acts on the nervous system helps in curing mental diseases like hysteria, depression, insomnia, loss of memory and even epilepsy.
4. Shatavari- Asparagus racemosus or Shatavari is a body and brain rejuvenator as it is very good for the intellect. It induces sleep and reduces everyday stress. It can be consumed in powder form with milk or honey in a dose of 3-5 grams. If taken on a regular basis, this herb helps fight mental stress, exhaustion and fatigue. It even aids in increasing eyesight and mental faculties.
Vastu | Vastu Experts | Vastu Shastra | Vastu Tips
Normally not every body is aware of the Vastu and the basic directions. He explains you about the basic directions, how to analyze them....Read More
The people who can not call Dr. Puneet Chawla at there site can meet him at his designated offices. Meeting with him is possible in every city at a specified place....Read More
Technology these days is a big privilege. At the comfort of our place we can do good communication of our thoughts and issues...Read More