Vaastu principles are based on the basic five elements of Nature like the Earth, Water, Sky, Fire and Air. Imbalance in these elements can cause discomforts to the human body and thus result in health disorders. By applying the principles of vaastu, health issues can be mitigated. The subtle energies prevailing in the house, along with the placement of different rooms and items influence the health of an individual. Some basic rules that affect the health of the human body are discussed below.
- Placement of toilets in the north-east direction of the house may result in chronic health problems for the inmates
- If a couple’s bedroom is placed in the north-east side of the house, it may lead to problems related to pregnancy and many other health problems
- If the north-west corner is not extended or available in a house, it may result in sexual problems to the couples
- For a peaceful and stress-free sleep, the head should not be placed towards the north while sleeping. If the head is towards the north, it causes disturbance in the energies and sleep is interrupted. This can also cause many health problems.
- If you have the couple’s bedroom in the north-west corner of the house, it may lead to problems like asthma, cold and cough, breathing disorders, irritable moods, high blood pressure, etc to the couples
- Toilets, underground water tanks, borewells, swimming pools, and other such water bodies should not be placed in the southwest corner of the house. This can lead to tension, depression and other health related problems to the house members.
- The eastern side of the house, where the sun rays enter the house in the morning should not be restricted.
- If the bedrooms are placed in the southeast direction of the house, the couples may have clashes and remain irritated at all times.
Many studies have shown that vaastu has a profound influence on the health of the people living in that structure. The electromagnetic energies from the earth’s magnetic field should be used in the positive way. The ancient and effective science of vaastu talks about the realistic effects of the natural energies related to solar, magnetic, radiation and sound. Home is an important place and its structures have prominent effect on the human body. A home built according to the principles of vaastu will ensure that the inmates have good health and live happily.