The main door marks the entry of good and bad luck into any given premises and hence it is extremely important to take proper care when deciding upon the placement and location of the entrance door of a house. It is also the reflection of the personality of the people residing behind it. In other words, the main door is regarded as the face of the house and hence it should be kept neat, clean, and presentable and tidy at all times. Therefore, to make sure positive vibrations enter your premises through the main entrance door, you must make sure to abide by the Vastu guidelines underlined for the same.
Direction of the main Entrance door of the house:
North – The main door is considered to be very auspicious when placed in the third, fourth and fifth part of the north direction. However, you should be able to view the gate while standing inside the building and looking out.
East- Main gate in the east direction brings prosperity when placed in the third and fourth part of it.
West- The fourth and fifth part of the west direction should have the main door and not otherwise. West, however, is not considered a very auspicious direction for the positioning of the entrance door.
South- Although south is generally considered to be an unlucky direction, the main door positioned here can prove to be quite prosperous if placed according to Vastu principles. Make sure the main door is placed in the third and fourth part of the south direction.
There are certain guidelines which should be followed for maintaining and up keeping the main door.
• The main door should be bigger than all the other doors of the house. Its length and breadth ration should be 1:2.
• It is believed that Goddess Lakshmi enters the premises through the main door, and hence it should be maintained beautifully at all times. It should be cleaned on a regular basis and should be kept spic and span.
• An image of kalash with coconut on it is considered very auspicious and such symbols should be used to ornament the main entrance door of the house. Even words like ‘Riddhi Siddhi’ and ‘Shubh Laabh’ written on either side of the main door brings in positive vibes inside the house.
• Lighting an oil lamp outside the main gate is also considered good for the house and its occupants.
• The main door should always open inwards into the house and towards the left. This enables free entry and flow of energy inside the premises.
• No door within the building or outside should face the main door when you open it.
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.