1. Hinduism has always regarded cow to be their mother. Cow has never been looked upon a s an animal right from time immemorial as per Hindu mythology. She has been regarded as the most pious, pure and divine of all animals and has been literally treated to be a second mother to every Hindu who would fulfil all her children’s wishes and desires. Going back to the Indian epics, there are many stories attributed to cow in the Ramayana and the Mahabharata as a mother, a giver and bestower of all desires to every individual who would serve her with utmost respect, love and care. It is believed that a person devoted to cows attains whatever he wishes for in his life. Such is her magnanimous effect that women desiring a male child would get a son, one desiring a daughter would be granted with a beautiful daughter, one who wants wealth would get riches and one desiring religion would attain religion and salvation. The bottom line is that a person serving a cow can never go empty handed and that he would achieve everything that he ever desired for.
2. As per Hindu belief, cow and prosperity go together; in the sense that a people serving a cow with complete devotion on a regular basis would achieve every happiness in life. One who gives water and grass to the cow everyday would undoubtedly attain the blessings equivalent to performing a horse sacrifice.
3. I always say that cows have been given the attributes and significance of the Gods and have been believed to be the pathway to reach to heaven. Cows are even worship-able in heaven as they grant desirable objects, hence there is nothing as superior as a cow at least in the eyes of Hindus who so very much worship this saintly creation of God.
4. It is believed that the Brahma Vidya which grants supreme bliss is compared to the Sun god while the firmament can be compared to the ocean and earth to Lord Indra, but cow is one being which cannot be compared to anything in spite of being a source of unlimited welfare to humanity. There is, in fact, no other being as a cow that does extreme welfare to human beings and brings about umpteen happiness and prosperity to their lives without asking for anything in return.
5. People who whole-heartedly worship the cow are blessed with the choicest of blessings and are granted complete satisfaction for their deeds. The cow, being pleased with their unconditional love and devotion towards her, bestows them with the rarest of boons which no other God or Goddess does. It is therefore said that we should never be envious of cows that are a blessing in disguise for us. We should rather please, honour and worship them properly. A person who serves the cows with complete control over his senses and pleasure achieves what is said to be complete opulence and bliss for a lifetime.
6. To conclude, I wish that the blessings of the cows should always remain on the entire mankind as a whole and that people keep serving and praying to her with full devotion and dedication. Cows are ours and we are for the cows. Hence, let us choose to be close to them wherever and in which ever form they exist on earth.
The people who can not call Dr. Puneet Chawla at there site can meet him at his designated offices. Meeting with him is possible in every city at a specified place....Read More