Vastu aspect should be checked even when buying an apartment and flat. Many people have this notion that they do not need to check for Vastu when staying in a flat which is above the ground level. However, Vatsu principles do not work on this principle, one needs to check for Vatsu compliancy no matter on which floor they reside, they still are attached to the ground and it is very important to make sure the five elements of nature and the directions reconcile in a positive manner so an to yield positive results for you and your family.
Here are a few tips which should be taken care of while choosing an apartment or flat for you to reside in.
• Always go in for a square or a rectangular shaped apartment instead of odd shapes.
• Apartments having water bodies in the south or west should be avoided at all cost
• Be careful with the entry direction into the apartment. A south, west or southwest entry is not preferable as per Vastu rules. The best is to have the entry from the east or the north directions.
• The entrance door should be placed in the north-east of a north or east facing apartment. Also, the door should not directly open in front of the elevator.
• The kitchen should face the east and the main door should not open directly in front of the kitchen door.
• The north-east of the flat/apartment should have the bore-wells, lawns and the water pumps.
• Never buy or rent a flat which has a balcony in the south or the west. These areas need to be covered and closed to the maximum possible.
• If travelling is a priority for your work, or otherwise, go in for a flat which has the west side completely covered with the boundary wall, the north-east and east directions should have a lot of open space and it should be sloping from south-west to north-east
• The number of doors and windows should add up to an even number and all the doors should open inwards and the windows outwards. These ensure the positive energy to retain within the flat instead of letting it flow out.
• The watchman’s quarter should not be in the north-east of the apartment complex or else the safety of the residents would be at stake.
• The overhead tank should be constructed in the south-west of the building complex.
Vastu principles need to be applied in every kind of structure so as to generate positive vibrations in and around it.