1. Jupiter is the 5th and the most massive of all the planets in the solar system, being second in size to only the Sun. It may be surprising to know that it is larger than all other planets put together. Its distance from the Sun is 76,97,73,940 kms with the sidereal period being 11.86 earth years. Following an elliptical orbit around the sun, the max radius of Jupiter is 71350 kms (11.2 times that of the earth) and min. radius is 66600 kms (10.4 times that of the earth). It is 317.8 times heavier than earth, with a day on the planet lasting only 9 hours 55 minutes. Unlike Mercury, Jupiter has a whopping 12 satellites. The four main satellites are known as Lo, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto. Jupiter is also very bright, owing to the gases that it is made of, and its brightness is second only to that of Venus.
2. Jupiter is a planet of expansion and is an indicator of prosperity . It is also known as Deva Guru with the notion that it is considered to be a teacher who removes ignorance and darkness and offers wisdom by throwing light. It represents the “Sattvaguna” or the seven good habits of the Hindus. Moreover, it rules over man’s worldly possessions and fortunes and hence is called the Giver or Ruler of money. Jupiter is synonymous to the ideas of social justice, religion, and sincerity. It is said that in the older days, the physicians used to administer medicine in the hora of Jupiter. Nowadays, doctors write Rx on the prescription slip at the time of prescribing any medication. What they might not know is that Rx is a symbol of Jupiter. Thus, any doctor ought to take blessing from Jupiter before writing a prescription.
3. Jupiter is a manifestation of fiery, noble, benevolent, fruitful, masculine, jovial and buoyant. It is the lord of the North-East direction and governs the period of Hemanta Ritu (December and January). Considering the aesthetics, its color is golden, purple or violet due to the presence of a plethora of gases from a surface to the core, and hence rules over the metals tin, gold, topaz, and platinum. It is the lord of finance and children and is powerful enough to govern education, happiness, health, love, and respect towards elders and preceptors, good morals and conduct, wealth, respect, reputation, and charity etc.
4. Owing to its own appearance, Jupiter gives the native a golden complexion, brown eyes and hair. Jupiterians generally tend to have a good growth in their youth, a muscular body due to outdoor games and become so stout that they are ought to be respected for their growth. Jupiterians always get the seats vacated for them even in a crowd. Natives have corpulent and tall bodies and are wise and learned, thus being excellent students. He/she also has a loud and heavy voice. Parts of the body ruled by Jupiter are liver, tumors, circulation of blood in arteries, fat in the body, adipose tissue, morbid growths, pleura of lungs, kidney, thigh, feet and the right ear.
5. Now coming onto the negative traits, when Jupiter is afflicted it makes the native an extremist, having extravagant ideas, careless, over-optimistic, gambler, poor, unpopular, and lavish. It gives false hopes, failure in speculation, worries about children, loss by relying on others, misjudgment, miscalculation etc.
6. But not all is bad. When Jupiter is beneficial as per the norms of Vastu Shastra, it provides the subjects with good health and longevity. Native is instinctively jovial, hopeful, buoyant, humane, and of a broad-minded nature. It bestows worldly wisdom, good fortune, and dignity, social and moral success, prudence, progress and much expansion in all efforts. Rapid recoveries, even from severe diseases can be seen. Native thinks properly, does his work ably and judges properly. Moreover, He/she uses fair means to earn money and never gets benefitted by the loss of others.
7. The diseases indicated by Jupiter are blood poisoning, liver complaints, flatulence, dyspepsia, hernia, skin disease, catarrh, dropsy, mucus in urine, abscesses, carbuncles, diabetes, eczema, vertigo etc.
8. The products represented by Jupiter are all fat-containing food products like butter, ghee etc., sweet flavored eatables like oranges, banana etc., big trees like peepal tree, rubber, yellow colored flowers and vegetables, oak, elm, birch, figs, asparagus, beet, pinks, red roses, dog grass, apricots, gram, pulse etc.
9. Jupiter represents animals like horse, ox, elephant, stag, and domestic animals, along with eagle, peacock, pheasant, whale, dolphin etc.
10. Jupiter represents places like courts, pompous buildings, places where coronation and religious functions are conducted, temples, colleges, schools, legislative assembly etc.
11. Precious metals and gems represented by Jupiter are gold, platinum, topaz and yellow sapphire. Native whose lord of the ascendant is Jupiter can wear the ring of yellow sapphire with gold in the index finger in the constellation of Jupiter.
12. Thus, as discussed, Jupiter is quite a masculine planet in the astrological world and is marked by optimism and benevolence and also provides the power of right judgments. It thus has the potential to have a huge positive impact on the lives of the individual.
13. In the field of Vastu Shastra, Puneet Chawla is an intuitive personality with an expert knowledge of Vastu according to the latest Vastu trends. He is the founder of Live Vastu and a consultancy from him can end up changing your life by transforming the negative energy in your house into positive energy.
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.