1. Vastu is an age old science which lays down guidelines for proper construction of a house in relation to the ten directions and five elements of nature. This ensures the flow of positive energy within the structure which in turn welcomes prosperity, success and good luck for the owners of the house. Vastu lays down guidelines and tips to build your house according to Vastu Shastra not just for internal placement of furniture and rooms but also for the external area surrounding the house.
2. When dealing with the exterior portion of the plot, care should be taken about every relating aspect including the distance of other houses in the vicinity from the plot. In the tradition of good fences, Vastu advices to maintain a respectful distance from other neighbouring houses. This includes making sure that the rain water from the neighbours house should not fall onto your plot especially in the north-east portion of the plot. Like rocks and boulders, high rise apartments and houses are acceptable provided they occupy the south, south-west or the west sides of the plot. An important point to note here is to see that the north-east sector should not have sky rocketing houses and that this direction is free of any electrical transformers or electrical poles.
3. An ideal plot is aligned with the magnetic lines of force. A deviation of 15 to 30 degrees is acceptable or else few plots would become habitable. When the four corners of a site synchronize with the cardinal points on the compass, this is called Vidishi. This rare situation creates an area of neutral or dead energy. The solution to this problem is to place the main door in this area. If that is accurate, the disrupted energy field would become functional once again.
4. The resident or owner of the plot should make sure not to put him in the position of being enclosed on either side by sites that are larger than his own. This tends to loom as tokens of poverty in his future life for him. Also, swimming pools or wells which happen to stand in one’s neighbour’s house to his south-east, south-west or north-west, tend to sink him. If such constructions take place in the neighbourhood after a person has built his house one can take the some counter measures to avoid the negative effect arising from such constructions to befall on him like putting screens that block off the offending site.
5. Remember, Vastu is a way to make life more beautiful, only a positive home environment can make life positive and peaceful. Switching to Vastu principles would not only provide health, wealth and prosperity both in the house and at the office front for its followers but would also create harmony among family members and bring about mental peace for one and all. It would strengthen the bond between them and make life easy going. Hence switch to Vastu and make life worth living for you and your family.
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.