1. Vaastu shastra dates back to ancient India and was developed after detailed study not only of the five elements air, water, fire, earth and space but also cosmic energy, wind energy, solar energy and astronomical placements. Sages of yore developed well defined architectural concepts after a deep study of all these influencing factors. There is decisive evidence in support of Vaastu all around us that direction and placement play an important part in a person, a city, a country and a continent’s prosperity and stability.
2. Due to its natural and geographic location, some continents and countries naturally prosper. Some cities similarly situated prosper while other stagnate or even decline with the passage of time. Buildings constructed in accordance with Vaastu shastra’s guidelines remain timeless and become famous throughout the world.
3. Consider natural geographic location. America and Japan are two prime examples that show how Vaastu oriented placement occurring naturally contribute to their progress and prosperity. Japan is surrounded by the Pacific Ocean and is located in a North East direction. It is spread out on its eastern side and receives ample sunlight, all pointers to prosperity according to Vaastu. At the same time, it has the sea towards the south and southeast, the location of fire according to Vaastu and hence it is prone to natural disasters and wars, a fact borne out by history. USA leans more towards the east with a north-east extension and it has large water bodies in the north east, considered propitious in Vaastu. Its prosperity and progress are borne out by Vaastu principles.
4. Talking of cities, London, Singapore, Mumbai and Hongkong are all prosperous since they have a natural conformance to Vaastu principles. Water bodies are located in the right direction giving these cities untold prosperity.
5. A few famous buildings that bear out principles enshrined in Vaastu shastra are the famous Tirupati Temple, the Jaipur City Palace and the temple of Srirangam in India. The famous temple of Lord Balaji in Tirupati was constructed fully in accordance with the principles of Vaastu shastra. The temple is in the south west side of the complex with a lake and pond in the north east. The square shaped temple complex has an axis perpendicular to that of the Earth. Jaipur and its City Palace were restructured around 1727 AD in accordance with Vaastu shastra guidelines. The huge temple complex of Srirangam in the southern tip of India is yet another example of Vaastu architectural principles.
6. What the ancient sages have known has now been supported by researches into the functioning of the brain in relation to direction. Vaastu has very clearly defined guidelines on orientation as a means to attaining efficiency in life, harmony and coherence with surroundings. Recent researches confirm that neurons provide an internal sense of direction and are affected by orientation. One can refer to “Progress in Neurobiology 13 (1979):419-439; the Journal of Neuroscience 15(1995): 6280-6290 and “Processing the Head Direction Cell signal: A Review and Commentary”, Brain Research Bulletin 40(1996):477-486 all of which bear out Vaastu’s principles.
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.