Food, which is base of our life, is cooked in the place called kitchen. In the earlier times the kitchens were made in the open spaces. This was done to get full light and exhaustion of smoke from the stove. In the modern era we have closed houses and areas, so we need to take care of many things.
1. Best location: Fire related activites should be done in southeastern areas of the structure. The owner for southeast direction is Lord agni dev and fire is best suited here. Logically we can analyse that sun when reaches the southeast gives heat at its peak. In the southeast direction it eminates the infra red rays which relates to fire.
2. Best color: Kitchen should be given hot and warm colors like oranges, browns and yellows. Green and blue shades are not good in the southeastern kitchens. Blue is an identity of water that is why it becomes the anti element for fire related areas. Green colors can be provided for remedy to the wrongly placed kitchens.
3. Position of stove: Best suited place for stove is east direction. Southeast can be the second option. In any case north direction should not be used for the placement gas stove.
Position for water: Water is an anti element for fire. Place all the water arrangements in the left hand side of gas stove. See it that when you use gas stove the water should beÂ towards the left hand side of the cook. Water includes washbasins, sinks, drinking water etc. Water placed in north direction is prosperous.
4. Position of Water: Water is fireâ€™s anti element.Place all water arrangenments on the left of the cook stove.Water elements include washbasin,sinks,and drinking watercontainers.Water placed in the north direction fosters prosperity and goodwill.
5. Door: Kitchen door is best placed in north direction. Take care that while cooking there should be no door behind the back of the cook. Placement of raw food: South and West direction are best to place the heavy grains and heavy food.
6. Placement of raw food: The south and the west are the ideal directions to store your grains and food products.
7. Ventilation and lighting: As discussed above light is a prerequisite for a good kitchen. Give proper ventilation from the eastern sides. Artificial lighting should also be sufficient.
8. Dining: In the early times used to sit in the kitchen for having the meals. Yes this activity is very auspicious for the inmates of the house. Always face north while eating the meals.
9. Sharing food: One should offer the first part of the food to the stove (the fire) it self, another part to cow and subsequently to the dog. These offering are very helpful in clearing the effects of our earlier bad karmas.
Dr. Puneet Chawla is a Life Guru, guiding and mentoring the followers to solve their life problems and make a easy living. He corrects the reasons of troublesome life by way of Vastu, Mantra and Tantra Mandalas. Being an intuitive personality he senses the negative energies, the reasons of problems and rarely predicts the life decisions too. He is a Shiv and Shakti Sadhak and guides people through Shivpath.