Vastu Shastra, as we all know, is all about the right synchronization of the different directions of the universe with the five elements of nature. Among all the ten directions, the North is considered to be one of the strongest. The reason behind this is that this direction is dominated by Lord Kuber, the Lord of wealth and prosperity, which automatically christens this direction as the giver of wealth and career for one and all. The planet for this direction is Mercury (Budh). This makes the north-facing plots high on demand at all times. As a Vastu expert in India and abroad, I hereby present seven main points in connection to the North direction.
- The Vastu Purush’s chest occupies the northern direction and hence this area should be kept clutter-free, well lit up and spacious.
- I believe that the North receives a tremendous amount of positive energy from the North Pole. This energy is extremely beneficial to a structure and is also important for the residents of the building. Keeping this in mind, it is imperative that there should be large openings in the North to help the structure receive these positive energies.
- When designing a house, it is essential to ensure that all rooms and facilities are positioned correctly in relation to the North, so as not to harm or hinder the positive effects of this direction. Placing a bathroom in the North results in heavy losses to the occupants of the house, and creating a store here can also lead to stagnation in their income as it blocks finances. Similarly, placing the master bedroom in the North Direction promotes restlessness and hence, is not advisable. Positioning a kitchen in this direction burns all the positive energies emanating from the North. As a result, financial resources are lost, and the family falls into debt.
- The presence of underground water tanks and slopes in the north helps boost the income of the residents of the house, thus improving their financial status.
- Placing large mirrors on the northern walls of a room enhances the benefits provided by this direction. This is because whatever is reflected in the mirror is doubled.
- Avoid placing closets on the north walls of the room as it makes the wall heavy and, in turn, stops the North’s energy from flowing freely.
- If the number of doors in the north is fewer and smaller in size than the doors in the south, it can create Vastu defects and lead to expenditure-related problems.
- In the case of buildings that face the North, the elevation of the building in the front should not be higher than that of the other sides. This can result in serious Vastu defects.